Join REACH in the Sunshine State! Our next Primary Pediatric Psychopharmacology (PPP) course will be in West Palm Beach March 4-6. Could you please share the information below with one of your networks? We would really appreciate it. Thank you so much for supporting REACH’s work and children’s mental health care. – Dr. Peter Jensen, REACH CEO and Founder
Primary Pediatric Psychopharmacology (PPP) Mini-Fellowship March 4-6, 2016 in West Palm Beach, Florida
Join The REACH Institute in West Palm Beach for its Primary Pediatric Psychopharmacology (PPP) Mini-Fellowship. This innovative program increases clinicians’ comfort with assessing, diagnosing, and treating pediatric mental health concerns. Participants can earn up to 28.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ by completing the mini-fellowship components:
- A dynamic three-day, 15-hour interactive course focused on building skills and confidence in diagnosing and treating pediatric behavioral health problems.
- A six-month, case-based distance-learning program. Participants join 12 bi-monthly, 1 hour group conference calls with national primary care and child/adolescent psychiatry experts to learn how to manage pediatric mental health issues encountered in daily practice.
REACH CEO Peter Jensen, MD will lead the PPP mini-fellowship. All participants will receive custom-designed toolkits with guides, assessment instruments, dosing and side effect charts, medication comparison tables, and handouts for patients and parents. Course Goals In order to effectively use medications for pediatric behavioral health problems, participants learn to:
- Correctly identify and differentiate among pediatric behavioral health problems such as childhood depression, ADHD, bipolar disorder, anxiety states (including PTSD), oppositional and conduct disorders, and psychosis.
- Effectively manage psychopharmacology: selecting medications, initiating and tapering dosages, monitoring improvements, and identifying and minimizing medication side effects.
- Create and implement a treatment plan by mobilizing existing resources like family members, school personnel, and other professional caregivers.
The course will take place at the Embassy Suites West Palm Beach. Please register on our website. If you have any questions, please contact Lisa Khan-Kapadia, PPP Program Director, at 1-212-947-7322 ext. 223 or email firstname.lastname@example.org *This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) College of Medicine and The REACH Institute. The UAMS College of Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Designation The UAMS College of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 28.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Credits available as follows: Live on-site three day training 16.25; 1 hour group conference calls totaling 12.
Copyright © 2016 The REACH Institute, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you completed a REACH Institute program.
Our mailing address is:
The REACH Institute
224 W 35th St. Suite 1304B
New York, NY 10001